The second worst thing about taxes is locating and organizing your tax information. Maybe your tax situation is different this year than it was last year. Maybe you changed jobs. Or you started working for yourself. Or you started a little side hustle with Uber or Etsy. Or you decided to turn your house into a rental property. Or you had a baby. Or your baby started college. So many things can impact your tax situation!
Wouldn't it be nice if you had a checklist or guide to help you gather all your information and documents, so you could get us everything we need to prepare your taxes on the first attempt?
Well, now you do!
We made some checklists and spreadsheets you can download and use to help you gather all the information necessary for your income tax preparation. Please use them! (And if you see something that can be added (or removed) to make them better, please give us that feedback!)
- New Client Information (Or returning clients with a new address or dependent to add)
- Income Tax Preparation Checklist (list of the common documents taxpayers need to bring us!)
- Income Tax Preparation Checklist - addendum for Landlords
- Income Tax Preparation Checklist - addendum for Small Business
- Single Rental Property Income and Expense Spreadsheet
- Multiple Rental Properties Income and Expense Spreadsheet
- Small US Partnership Tax Organizer
- Small Business Expenses Spreadsheet
Tax Tool Tutorials:
How to use the Rental Property Spreadsheets
More coming soon!